The Dekker Centre For The Performing Arts offers many opportunities to work with employees dedicated to providing a positive influence on the arts. Positions can range from box office to front of house staff, accounting professionals to event planners, and lighting and sound technicians, Dekker Centre staff bring diverse qualifications, perspectives, and skills to their jobs, and we are always looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to customer service. The opportunities for growth are endless.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts, North Battleford, SK.
Position: Permanent Part Time / Minimum of 20 hours per week with opportunity to grow the position
Wage: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications
Are you an energetic, organized, problem-solver with a passion for the arts? The Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The DCPA is a community-based, professional managed, civic asset designed to build and foster cultural vitality in the City of North Battleford and surrounding area. We provide high quality performing arts entertainment, state of the art rental facilities and arts and cultural programming.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all office administration and assistant to the DCPA General Manager. The Administrative Assistant will also act as the General Manager in the GM’s absence.
Due to the nature of a Performing Arts Centre, this position will require scheduling on evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be primarily responsible for:
- Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all office administration and communicate regularly and efficiently with the General Manager, Technical Director, Events Coordinator and Box Office Manager
- Assist the General Manager as needed
- Flexibility to fill in where needed during day to day operations
- Maintain the ledger account and appropriate data entry into the DCPA accounting system
- Manage invoices, accounts payable/receivable and all other documentation relating to financial reporting and accounting for the DCPA
- Maintaining inventory for office, bar, operations and technical supplies
- Ordering supplies as needed
- Provide financial reports to the Board of Directors, organize board packages and take minutes during board meetings.
- Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Daily mail, bank deposits and bank reconciliations
- Covering the box office, selling tickets, and day end balancing as required
- Payroll, time sheets and T4’s
- Answer and direct calls, identify customer needs and requirements
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Quick Books Accounting System
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 and Adobe
- Advanced understanding of Financial Statements: income/expense reports and balance sheets
- Knowledge dealing with GST, PST and other taxes
- Articulate, energetic, detail orientated
- Ability to plan, organize and work under pressure
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communications
Please send your cover letter and resume by January 22, 2020 to:
General Manager, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts